The Collections Assistant will support all aspects of the Royal Tyrrell Museum’s Collection Management Program by undertaking day-to-day operation of the collection database.
The Collections Assistant will assist with installation and removal of specimens from public galleries as required.
They will provide preservation support, including inventory and cataloging of field collections, best practices in the storage and movement of palaeontological collections, and maintaining the database standards of a large scale natural history collection.
- Inventory and cataloging
- Storage and specimen handling
- Collections Management support
- Bachelor’s degree in Earth sciences, museum studies, or a related field.
- Experience working with a relational database
- Experience cataloguing a natural history collection
- Knowledge of Alberta palaeontology
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Task orientated, ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Independent worker with strong problem solving skills
- Must have demonstrated excellent communication skills, working well in a team environment
- Salary will be commensurate with education and experience
- Group Health Benefits Plan available
- Group RSP Plan available
Consideration of applications will begin July 24, 2017; however, the competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
How To Apply:
Forward resume with cover letter to:
Support Services Manager
Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered.