The Natural History Museum of Vienna (Naturhistorisches Museum Wien) hopes to fill a full-time position (40 hours) of a curator/ scientist of the Phanerogamae collection of the botany department.
The botanical collection of NHM Wien is one of the most important collections worldwide (http://www.nhm-wien.ac.at/en/research/botany) with approx. 5.5 million herbarium specimens, of which more than 200,000 are type specimens. In addition to support of the numerous guests researchers (2016:> 700 visits), digitization of the collections is an important focus of the work. Staff are supported by numerous volunteers. The working language is German.
- Doctoral degree in botany with a focus on systematics and/or taxonomy;
- Publications in the field of systematics and/or taxonomy;
- Participation in national or international projects.
- Relevant experience with historical botanical collections,
- Understanding and commitment to the expansion of the database collection of the collections,
- longer stays abroad in scientific institutions,
- Experience in the organization and execution of collection trips,
- Experience in the management of volunteers ,
- Knowledge of other international collections,
- Excellent German and English language skills.
The salary is based on the Austrian Science Foundation FWF Postdoc rates:
Send your application (curriculum vitae, scientific interests and activities, motivation letter, list of publications, names and e-mails of two academic references) in the form of a single compiled PDF file no later than December 31, 2017 by e-Mail to mailto:email@example.com